Don't find all attributes

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Edited Jul 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Hi,

I have about 120 attributes for the object : Person, but when I launch an enemurate I see only 80 attributes (some of them are filled and other are null). I feel that I can't get the the attributes which have never been set in FIM Portal.

The aim of my project is to update/ set value of the attributes concerned, so I tried to do this for the attributes that I didn't see in the FIM object  :

person.Attributes.Add(new RmAttributeName ("CTMSite"), new RmAttriubteValueSingle("Paris"));

I see the request into the portal but the value shown in the request is null and the next time when I recover all attributes of the object I don't see mine.

Do you know the reason of this problem ?

Thank you in advance

Anthony SOQUIN.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Custom attributes that are null will not be returned in the Attribute collection. In order to determine all possible attributes available to a resource you will need to loop through each definition in the schema and check existence on the current resource.

This will also be useful to ensure you have the proper case assigned in the RmAttributeName key.

Be sure to Begin your transaction before adding the attribute to the collection.